People of all ages and abilities are gearing up for an out-of-this world celebration of cycling in Bearsden and Milngavie.
From pedal-powered cinemas and extra-terrestrials to African adventures and local history rides, there’s something for everyone at The Big Bike Fest.
There will be a host of spoke-tacular events from 28 May to 5 June, culminating in The Big Bike Fest Gala near Allander Leisure Centre. The free family gala includes an exciting stunt show, ‘funny’ bikes, cycle lessons, a skills track, bouncy castles and more.
Other events during The Big Bike Fest include:
- An Evening with Mark Beaumont: Africa Solo (1 June at Milngavie Town Hall) – join the celebrated cyclist as he recounts riding the entire length of Africa. Free, but book tickets now to avoid disappointment.
- Family Night Ride and Cycle Cinema (3 June – meet at Bearsden Primary) – help power the cycle cinema and enjoy a screening of ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial’
- Belles on Bikes: Ladies Night Ride (31 May)
- Midweek Meander for people over the age of 60 (31 May) – taking in local cycle routes and areas of interest
- Sunday Cycle Skool (29 May at the Allander) – calling all mums, dads and mini-cyclists – come along and spend the morning learning to cycle, topped off with a group ride in the afternoon with Sustrans Sunday Cycling Skool. Free, but booking essential.
- Bike Breakfast with Dr Bike (1 June)
- Mr Chipping’s History Ride (4 June) – join the Victorian headmaster for an historic tour of Bearsden by bicycle
And much, much more – visit www.thebigbikefest.org.uk for the full list and to book.
The Big Bike Fest is being delivered by The Bike Station Glasgow – supported by the Council and Sustrans.
For more information, visit: